Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Shopping and tornado damage gazing with Autumn

Today was long. but mostly good. I myself have been going through some "stuff" and so getting away to buy groceries with my sweet Autumn was a nice little break. I was a little nervous about going to Tuscaloosa, I haven't been to target since the Tornado so I wasn't sure what to expect but I was pretty sure pictures wouldn't do it justice. I was SUPER nervous although I'm not sure why but I prayed a LOT and when I got there God gave me peace and understanding. Autumn saw the damage and said "momma look at all the paper" with much concern in her voice I then proceeded to tell her that that "paper" she was pointing at use to be a house and then with even more concern she said "OH NO, they need to FIX it, it's SO sad!" I was instantly proud at the empathy she was showed.






I have to admit I took her with me even though she protested and whined and begged not to go, usually I would call my mother or wait and go on the weekend when Jeremiah was at home but I really thought we needed some mommy and Autumn time. She was REALLY good I didn't have to get onto her very much which anyone who knows Autumn knows how much attitude she has, I really don't know where she got that from? Ha! She did melt down within the first 10 minutes of our ride home but very quickly she fell asleep.














Alyssa spent the afternoon with her daddy, so I didn't get to see her much but I know she caught fish. She is my sweet daddies girl, and I believe she would fish with him everyday if he would take her (and if she didn't have school).







I love my girls! In honor of Autumn's third birthday Sunday here is a picture of my sweet Alyssa holding her baby sister for the first time!





BTW we were not "rubber necking" I kept driving, didn't take any pictures and went straight to my destination. HAH just wanted to clarify my "title"

3 comments:

  1. You know you rubbernecked! haha, i like the header picture

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! I love that term "rubberneck". It sounds like such a good "southern" word. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I did rubber neck a tiny bit.. I was driving past it anyway and I HAD to check it out LOL!

    ReplyDelete